Thursday, January 26, 2012

Firefox - Flash unresponsive or frozen due to plugin

If you are a Firefox user, on an occasion your browser may seen unresponsive. Typically this is because of a plugin misbehaving. In my case it is typically Flash and it seems to be more when I make too many jumps, clicks etc with flash in one of my tabs. Killing Firefox helps and with my settings, I am able to recover all the tabs and contents to a large extent. I have found a better way that just kills the bad plugin. Start your task manager and look for a process called "plugin-container.exe ***". If you have multiple processes with similar name, kill the one with the highest memory usage.

Windows Task Manager - Firefox Plugin Container
You will notice that your Firefox browser is immediately available. The offending webpage will display a "plugin
crashed" notification at the top and prompt you to reload the page.

Firefox Plugin Crash Prompt

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Powerful tactic that saves your Firefox session in case of bad plugin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I like this post and i feel very happy to read this article...
    thanks for sharing...
    more info:- Mozilla Firefox Support

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow really powerful blog and impressive content. i think it's very helpful for me. thanks for share. keep it up. visit- Mozilla Firefox support Toll Free No +1-800-231-4635 For US/CA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow really awesome blog and impressive content.thanks for sharing it. visit- Mozilla Firefox help.

    ReplyDelete